Class of '86 Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
We are thrilled to announce the appointment of
Jamal Mazrui and Javier de la Garza
to the newly created Class of '86 Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
Javier and Jamal will work together as co-chairs to increase engagement, and to help ensure accessibility to all Class offerings for all classmates, regardless of race, religion, nationality, economic status, physical/mental/
emotional challenges, etc. Read more about Jamal and Javier by clicking on the links above.
Please help us welcome them to your 1986 Class Officers team!
DOUBLE DUES ENDS JANUARY 31!!
Our own notorious genetic duplicates - Dave and Dan Hicks ’86 - have generously offered to match
any dues payments made from now through January 31, dollar-for-dollar, up to a maximum total of $2,000.
PLUS - Become an '86 "sponsor"!
Help fellow classmates participate in events. Subsidize off-year Reunions events both in Princeton and around the globe.
- A $100 gift = Bengal Tiger status...
- $500 = Siberian Tiger...
- $1000 = Sumatran Tiger...
- And there will be SWAG!!
We're trying to go green, so no more dues requests in the mail.
Please take a moment to pay your tax deductible class dues before January 31st.
SAVE THE DATE - ALUMNI DAY
Saturday, February 25, 2023
Join us on campus for a mid-winter celebration of outstanding students and alumni,
including the always beautiful and moving service of remembrance.
The Class will host a gathering Saturday evening - details TBA.
- "Reading Glasses" Book Club - we will read and talk about Maria Ressa's new memoir, How To Stand Up To A Dictator. We're hoping to have Maria join us, so the date and time are still up in the air... but go ahead and read (or listen to) the book in anticipation!
- If you'd like to support Maria, send a note to President Eisgruber suggesting he choose her book for next Fall's Pre-Read!
- Click for additional 2021 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE content.
- Continuing Climate Discussions - stay tuned for more opportunities to connect with classmates working on climate solutions.
- Global Happy Hour 2.0 - coming to a watering hole near you...
We have marked far too many very sad losses among our classmates in 2022.
Click on their names to see obituaries where available, and please join us in remembering them...
CALL TO ACTION!!!
This fall, the Great Class of 1986 is supporting the water crisis relief efforts in Jackson, Mississippi.
The Mississippi Rapid Response Coalition is a group of service organizations that has come together
to serve the people of Jackson during the latest escalation of an ongoing water crisis.
Please visit THIS LINK HERE to help. Thank you for your support of MRRC’s important work.
Karen Jackson Ruffin ‘86, Community Service Chair
Please update your contact information and profile in the Class Directory!
Please pay your Class Dues!
Class dues are completely separate from Annual Giving and go toward funding all of our class activities.
If you prefer to mail a check, make it payable to Princeton Class of 1986 and mail to
Els Paine, 415 Ridgeview Road, Princeton, NJ 08540